What was your favorite tractor when you were a kid?

Share your memory with us. The memory with the most likes by the end of the day Friday, wins a Machinery Pete hat!
P.S. - we love old photos :relaxed:

When I was a kid the MF 699 was our biggest tractor on the farm. My father and uncle bought it new!

2 Likes

Dad got 2 800 Select O Speeds in 61 and 62…He’d put it in gear and jump off and pick up hay while I drove…By 8 years old I would disc and follow him with the hay conditioner…He would pay me by the bale when we did custom work and by the time I was 12 I used that money to buy a Honda mini trail…That loader I came off the hill and hit just one brake and ran the spears through the trunk lid of moms Buick…hehehe

3 Likes

my dad’s bf Avery model a was the first tractor i drove

4 Likes

Even though I bleed green, my favorite tractor as a child would have to be my maternal grandfathers WD45. He had two, a wide front and a narrow front along with all the A-C snap coupler implements. I still remember their distinctive sound and the multiple levers for the throttle, clutch and loader bucket trip. His farm was very hilly and as a kid I always thought of A-C tractors as the ones you had to use if you farmed the hills.

3 Likes

My favorite tractor as a kid was my Grandpa’s 1958 International Farmall 350. I rode on it with him around the farm checking on the cattle. When my Grandpa passed away I purchased the tractor from my Grandmother and my husband restored it for me. The tractor had been in the barn for many years so it wasn’t in good shape, but now it looks brand new.

4 Likes

Great pic! Thanks for sharing.

Pete

Cool Ford memories Jeff! Thanks for sharing. Love the pic :slight_smile:

Pete

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the great pic! Is the Avery still in the family?

Pete

Thanks for sharing your Allis Chalmers WD45 memory! Here’s a pic for you :slight_smile:

Pete

3 Likes

Beautiful 350 Melissa, thanks for sharing! So cool you have and treasure Grandpa’s tractor :slight_smile:

Pete

My favorite tractor growing up was my grandpa’s 4450 with a 15 speed powershift. Our family was the 2nd owner of this tractor and it was in our family for close to 20 years! Sadly, my grandpa decided to trade it in last year and replaced it with a 7810. It had a little over 7,000 hours on it when it was traded. Was sad to see that tractor go and it was very well taken care off when my grandpa owned it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Case 770 diesel power shift. Thats me and my dad the summer i was born. Played and rode that tractor until it was sold when i was 11 years old

5 Likes

Amazing pic David, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Pete

Not sure were it ended up was sold on auction 13 years ago

Pic of dad and I back in probably 1988-89 ish. John Deere 4320, bought in 1986 when he started farming. Sold his Corvette to buy it.

3 Likes

Mine was 1989 4955. It was my parents first John Deere tractor they bought after starting to farm with my grandparents. My dad mad a platform to mount the car seat to when I was a baby and that was the first tractor I rode in. The first tractor I drove sitting on his lap and the first tractor I drove by myself. The picture was when it was leaving the farm the last time as we traded it with 4000 hours on it for a new 8410.

4 Likes

I have lots of good memories riding with my dad baling hay in this tractor. Many hours were spent sitting beside him on the seat or sleeping on the floor, watching the sun set, as we crept up and down the hills of southern PA. We still use this rig to this day, baling hay from the local Hanover Shoe Farms Inc. horse pastures and a few hundred acres of straw each year. We recently bought a second 8400 from a local guy here near Gettysburg PA and we are second owners on both. They’re awesome tractors!

1 Like

I love your memory - you are a great story teller!