What was your favorite tractor when you were a kid?

I spent many hours in the sugarbeet fields on this 841 ford, it would go down the road like a rabbit with the Sherman transmission, we have three of them. Now my daughter loves being the 4th gereration to ride on it!

1 Like

this was my favorite tractor when I was a kid. I got this new pedal tractor I believe in 1988 for my 4th birthday. My dad worked at the dealership then, were we both currently work side by side today in sales. I still have this tractor, displayed in my living room.

2 Likes

IH 656 Hydro it was the first new tractor dad bought in 1970 I was almost 8 years old and I could drive the tractor thanks to the hydro

2 Likes

A International Harvester 856. We sold it when my Dad quit farming. But we went and retrevied about three years later from the man who bought it off the sale. Here is a picture of it:

My son is learning how to drive it now.

2 Likes

I loved driving our WD 45 as a youngster. I thought the hand clutch was cool - burned out more than one during silage cutting (hauling) over the years. If I recall correctly ours had a hand crank that could be used if the battery was dead. Seems I recall the recoil could be fierce - lucky not to break an arm. The 3-pt hitch implements were indeed unique.

With not a digital monitor in to be found – heck, barely had gauges . . . .

Good ole days.

1 Like

We had an old International 706 we used for raking hay, drilling cane and feed, and a few other smaller chores around the farm. I always loved driving that thing…for about the first 15 minutes or so! After about 8 or 10 hours sitting on that thing, I’d have to ice my rear end and scrub the diesel exhaust off my teeth! And, at one point in my life, I could almost assemble the transmission in that thing blindfolded, as many times as we had to strip it down and fix it! Really cool memories!

2 Likes

IH Farmall 504 first new tractor I ever sat on in 1967

1 Like

Ford 6000 Commander Row crop