Video Sparks John Deere Tractor Memories

A few weeks ago I posted a Machinery Pete Youtube video on the famous John Deere 2640 tractor from the 1989 movie "Field of Dreams".

One of the comments on the video caught my eye in particular:

"2640 was our first John Deere tractor and I'll never forget driving it my first time when I was a young boy on the farm. Just 2 weeks ago I came upon the Ertl version of this special edition and bought it. What timing for you to share this here. Thanks Greg!"

I replied to this comment and asked the person who posted the comment if he had any old pics from back in the day when he was a kid driving the tractor. He sure did. Here's the picture Mike T. from Elgin, MN sent me today, followed by his note about the cool old pic:

"Hi Greg, Thank you for asking about the picture. Well, I finally found a picture.  It is not very good quality.  It is not an original and I scanned that to share with you, but here it is. Wonderful memories though and the 2640 is looking good. I spent a lot of time on that tractor growing up on the bluffs above Alma, WI.  Sometimes doing more work that it maybe should have.  Really liked using the foot throttle on it. This is likely 1976 or 1977 when I was 10. Thanks for everything Greg!"

Way cool Mike. Thanks for sharing the picture and great memories.

Important I think in this super busy world we all live in, from time to time, to take a moment, stop...and remember when. Remember what was important to you as a young boy or girl years or decades ago when you were growing up. What did you love? Why? Look at the old pics like Mike's John Deere 2640 tractor pic.

Remember.

Then keep on pushing forward, day by day, even through the tough, challenging days, weeks, months and years. Especially through those times. Remember who you are. Remember where you've been. And look forward to what tomorrow will bring.

Be thankful.

Oh, here's that Youtube video feature I mentioned earlier on the famous John Deere 2640 tractor from the 1989 movie "Field of Dreams":

http://www.MachineryPete.com