Amazing Pic of 2 New John Deere 55 Combines Being Delivered - Troy, KS

Occasionally a picture is worth way more than a thousand words.

5 years ago last month (Nov. 19, 2014) I posted a picture to our Machinery Pete Facebook page…in 10+ years of posting daily to the page it was a picture and post that got as much attention, Likes, Shares, Comments than almost any other.

(2) New John Deere 55 Combines being delivered to the George Rush farm in Severance, KS back in the 1950’s.

So cool.

Our past.

Where we were.

Today (December 13, 2019) I became reconnected to this amazing pic and “story” behind it when I ran into Tyson Rush and his cousin Casey Rush at the “Farmer2Farmer” event in Omaha, Neb. by Farmers Business Network.

That is George Rush on the left in the pic of the (2) new John Deere 55 combines being delivered to his farm. His brother on the right. Up on the 1st 55 combine in the foreground on the top of ladder is John Rush (Tyson’s dad). Casey’s dad is the young whipersnapper hanging off the step ladder on the 55 combine on the right.

Family history.

DOT rules & regs just a wee bit different back 60 years ago :slight_smile:

George Rush had just turned 95 years young when I met grandson Tyson at that seed dealer meeting I spoke at in Hiawatha, KS back on November 19, 2014, the night Tyson first showed me this amazing picture. George passed away 3 months later, on February 2, 2015.

Seeing this pic again today and hearing the story on this pair of brand new John Deere 55 combines being delivered to a northeast Kansas farm made me smile…particularly the day after we saw a 2018 John Deere S790 combine on tracks with 354 engine hours sold for $396,000 on a central Minnesota online auction - the Highest auction price ever on a Combine.

Where we were. Where we are now.

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com

1 Like