2009 John Deere 9570 STS Combine For Sale in SD with 0 Hours - Never Used - Been in Shed

Do what I’ve done for 34+ years and you run across LOT of Combines. Infinity Combines.

Well folks, once in a great while I’ll run across a Combine that STOPS me in my tracks. Happened this afternoon when a new For Sale By Owner listing flowed into our Machinery Pete web site.

2009 JD 9570 STS with 0 sep. hours. Never used. Been in shed its whole life.1 owner.

Belongs to Adam Bormann of Stickney, SD. Adam runs a local seed dealership - Bormann Farm & Seed Company. Adam’s email: bormannfarm@midstatesd.net I had to call Adam this afternoon to get the “story” on this never used 2009 JD 9570 STS combine.

It’s an odd story,” said Adam. “I’m taking over the farm this year. We lost dad (Randy Bormann) in January. Dad and grandpa (Delton) bought it new from Noteboom Implement (now C&B Operations) in Corsica, SD in 2009. Dad then switched our rotation and got away from corn. He then always had custom harvesters do the soybeans.”

It’s been in our shed the whole time.”

Adam told me he was thinking of using it this year, but it’s just him on the farm and he decided the best play would be to sell it. So he clicked on the “Sell Mine” link on homepage of www.MachineryPete.com and 30 min. later Adam got call from MP :slight_smile:

Here’s link to Adam’s 2009 JD 9570 STS Combine with 0 sep. hours for sale with 12 pics: 2009 John Deere 9570 STS Combine - $249,900 | Machinery Pete

Yep. $249,900 is lot of $$. Adam asked me…“Pete, what do you think of my price?

I told Adam to me his asking price about where I’d put it. Truly a 1 of a Kind Machine. Told Adam how here in '23 I’ve seen surge of buyer demand on pre-DEF used Combines in very good condition with lower hours. I told Adam about the July 13, 2023 farm retirement auction we filmed for our Machinery Pete TV Show (MachineryPete TV | Machinery Pete) in Colo, IA featuring a sharp 2008 CaseIH 2588 combine with 1721 engine hours. Before the sale started I had visited with folks who came…WITH TRAILERS…from Kentucky and Michigan specifically to BUY that 2588. I told Adam it sold for $147,500 - Highest auction sale price on CaseIH 2855 combine in exactly 9 1/2 Years. And it had 1721 engine hours. KY and MI guys…went home empty. Someone else had to have it more.

Adams’ 2009 JD 9570 STS…0 Sep. Hours - Always in Shed.

I told Adam how for years now folks around the country been telling me, “Pete, it just keeps getting harder and harder to find really good condition smaller Class Combines. Mfg’s just keep going big, bigger, biggest these days. I’d kill to find a sweet little combine, one like I used to (still) have. That ______ was my all time favorite combine.”

Ok, boys, here’s your once in lifetime chance. 2009 Model. 1 Owner. 0 Sep. Hours. Always in Family Shed.

What’s it worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. And let’s of course not forget…WHAT…DOES…A…NEW…COMBINE…COST…TODAY?

$$$$$$$.

Shoot, I’ve seen the first 3 Combines ever sold $600K+ at auction - all since end of July '23. That’s hard cash auction price on used Combine. $600K+. Wow.

So it will be very interesting to see what happens with Adam Bormann’s 2009 JD 9570 STS with 0 sep. hours, never used, always been in family shed. Here’s the listing again: 2009 John Deere 9570 STS Combine - $249,900 | Machinery Pete

Pete
Machinery Pete

:

1 Like