John Deere 2640 Field of Dreams Movie Tractor Sold For Record Price at Auction

Now we know the answer to The $64,000 Question…

What’s the 1977 John Deere 2640 tractor from the famous and timeless 1989 movie Field of Dreams worth?

Answer: $64,000.

It sold Wednesday, April 28, 2021, on the Julien’s Auctions of Beverly Hills, CA “Hollywood Legends” auction. Here’s a picture of it.

Field of Dreams still one of my all time favorite movies. The scene with Ray Kinsella, played by Kevin Costner, plowing under their corn with young daughter Karen sitting on his lap, to make way for a baseball field, is iconic.

Yes, of course $64,000 is a new record high auction sale price on a John Deere 2640…almost 4 x’s the previous record price actually.

HIGHEST AUCTION PRICES EVER ON JD 2640 TRACTORS

You may recall that 3 years ago I traveled to Dyersville, IA and filmed a Machinery Pete Youtube video feature on this 1977 JD 2640 from the movie Field of Dreams with owner Donny Lansing. A day I recall fondly. Here’s that video with Donny and I talking about the 2640, its history, how it came to be used in the movie, the making of the movie on their farm as well as the amazing continuing interest in and LOVE of the 1989 movie from folks all over the world:
https://www.machinerypete.com/media_posts/john-deere-2640-tractor-from-movie-field-of-dreams-1989

"Tractor Specs" on JD 2640’s: John Deere 2640 Tractor Specs | Machinery Pete

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com