Daughter Honors Late Father with His Pulling Tractor

Always fun to run into friends.

Last week at the Iowa Power Farming Show in Des Moines, IA I bumped into Kathy and Doug Applegate from Oakland, IA.

The Applegates are owners of Praxidyn, a very cool award winning Mixmate chemical mixing system. Here’s a video feature on them I posted 2 years ago: https://www.machinerypete.com/media_posts/award-winning-portable-ag-chemical-mixing-system-created-by-iowa-farm-family

Praxidyn-Mixmate1

As per usual when I get to visiting with folks, old friends, or new friends, the conversation eventually turns to Tractors. The Applegates shared a personal Tractor story and picture with me that was…beautiful. Here’s the picture.

This is Kathy on the starting line with here dad’s IHC 1256 back on July 19, 2015. She entered the tractor pull in honor of her dad, Ralph Eggerss at the 2015 Pottawattamie County Fair in Avoca, IA. Tractor pulls were something her dad used to do and this is the tractor he pulled with.”

Ralph Eggerss of Shelby, IA passed away the day after Christmas 2013 at the age of 82.

On the way to the Fair Kathy stopped by the Shelby cemetery with the tractor to visit her dad.

Her pull was 301 feet. Her dad would have said, Atta girl!

Beautiful story indeed.

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.om

1 Like