1987 John Deere 4450 Hit 20,000 Hours Today!

Milestones are important. Heard about quite an interesting Tractor milestone today from Machinery Pete Facebook follower John S.

" Hello Greg! Thought I would send you a picture of our 1987 John Deere 4450 power shift."

“My grandfather bought it new after trading a 4440. By tomorrow it will be celebrating 20,000 hours of reliable service on our farm/ranch! It’s had the transmission rebuilt at 9,000 hours, but the engine has never been opened! We still put over 500 hours/year on it feeding and putting up hay. Also, all original paint with the exception of the rear wheels that were replaced due to chloride damage.”

“I like to say my grandfather put 10K hours on it, my father put 10K hours on it, now it’s my turn! For it’s 20K birthday it got an entire new cab upholstery, headliner, and new am/FM radio!”

Very cool 4450 story/history John! Congrats on reaching the 20K Hour mark! I’d sure say that 1987 John Deere 4450 was quite a good $$ investment for your farm :slight_smile:

While we’re on the topic of high hour Tractors, here’s a link to (112) 100-174 HP Tractors for sale today with 10K+ hours on them, click link to view list: https://tinyurl.com/y8w84nbt

www.MachineryPete.com