Widespread Burned Up Corn Has Used Forage Chopper Values RISING

3 weeks ago I was filming a farmer interview on his farm in Hudson, WI. After the interview we walked over to look at his corn.

There are no ears”, he said. “Burned up.”

Not just in Hudson, WI.

Not surprisingly I am seeing the buyer demand rising and auction sale prices escalating on good condition used forage choppers. Case in point, yesterday (September 7, 2022) on our friends at www.bigiron.com weekly online sale.

1977 JD 5460 forage chopper from Pierce, Neb., sold: $34,751

Pete’s Note:$34,751 is the Highest auction price on a JD 5460 chopper in 7 years and the 2nd Highest auction sale price the past 22 years

HIGHEST AUCTION PRICES ON JD 5460 FORAGE CHOPPERS

• 7 of the 10 Highest auction sale prices on JD 5460 choppers the past 22 years been sold by www.bigiron.com

Here’s a visual look at RISING Demand seen recently on used self-propelled Forage Choppers for sale in our www.MachineryPete.com web site. The Blue line = Supply. The Orange line = Demand (folks shopping). This chart looks back over the past 2 years to Sept. '20

RISING BUYER DEMAND ON SELF-PROPELLED FORAGE CHOPPERS FOR SALE
SupplyDemand-ForageChoppers-9-22-SP

I’m seeing similar spike in buyer demand for used pull-type Forage Choppers.

RISING BUYER DEMAND ON PULL TYPE FORAGE CHOPPERS FOR SALE
SupplyDemand-ForageChoppers-pulltype-9-22

So…if you happen to have a good used forage chopper and were thinking…Yes, Now would be an opportune time to sell. You can list yours for sale in our Machinery Pete web site here: Sell Farm Equipment Online | Machinery Pete

Here’s link to view 556 self-propelled Forage Choppers and 485 pull type choppers for sale today: Used Harvesting Equipment for Sale | Machinery Pete

Pete
Machinery Pete

That is a nice looking John Deere 5460 forage chopper I wish I had one like that.