Trying to Find 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Sold on Family Farm Auction July 1985 in MN

Brendon Buchholtz is a long way from where he grew up on the farm.

Goodhue, MN.

Buchholtz now lives in Oregon, 40 miles south of Portland, but he is working the family’s old southeast Minnesota farm roots to try and find the 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Series I tractor sold on his parent’s farm auction back on July 10, 1985.

ACD17-BrendanBuchholtz-Oregon-Goodhue1985auction-1

Here’s the note Brendon recently sent me:

"Hello Machinery Pete, this is the information I have on the AC D17 that I’m looking for. It is a 1958 AC D17 Series 1, serial number D17-8584. It is a gas with wide front. My grandpa Walter Buchholtz bought it new from Lodermeier’s in Goodhue. My parents Roger and Jolene farm auction was July 10, 1985 by Maring Auction Co.

The picture I’m sending of the tractor was the day of the auction. I don’t know who bought it. I do know it was driven from our farm to the new owner’s place. The new owner of the tractor also bought our John Deere grain drill that was also on our auction. A couple of distinguishing marks…one was on the left fender up front it had a small green bracket that a hole was drilled in the fender for it. The hole was cracked out but the bracket was still on it. The other thing was a rear work light that was mounted on the right side of the seat support.

I would love to find it and hopefully be able to buy it back. I have many very good memories of it on the farm."

Thank you so much,

Brendon
email jdbrend44@gmail.com cell: 971-281-1378

Let’s see if we can help Brendon find his family’s 1958 Allis Chalmers D17. Brendan reports that he was able to find the family’s old Oliver 1850 tractor. Took 18 months of looking, but it was found just up the road in Red Wing, MN.

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com