Super Sharp Minneapolis-Moline G550 and John Deere 6420 Tractors Selling on 3/28/24 Iowa Auction

Over the past 34+ years its been fun to run across familiar equipment buyers out at the sales around the country.

Familiar Sellers Too.

Like the Kuipers from northwest Iowa. I’m guessing you probably recall their 2010 JD 7930 tractor that sold almost exactly one year ago, on a March 24, 2023 consignment auction in Sioux Center, IA by my friends at Zomer Company Realty & Auction. Here’s pic of the Kuipers with their 2010 JD 7930 last March.

It sold for record price of $191,000. Record by $21,000. Still record price today.

Well the Kuipers have another pair of super condition tractors selling later this month on the same Zomer Company Realty & Auction consignment auction at the old Sioux Center, IA airport. The sale is March 28, 2024. Here are their head turning tractors selling on the auction.

1971 Minneapolis-Moline G550 with 4575 hours, 3rd one made
MMG950-IA-Kuipers-Zomer

MMG950-IA-2

MMG950-IA-3

MMG950-IA-4

As cool as these vintage tractors are…the “Stories” that go with them are just as good. The Kuipers daughter Marla Viland reached out to me via Facebook and shared this note:

My parents sold the JD 7930 at the Sioux Center airport through Zomer Auctions a year ago in March. This year they are selling a G550 Minneapolis Moline. I currently do not know the serial number, but our research says it was the 3rd out of 24 made. This one is currently at the site for Zomers online/live auction coming up on March 28 at the old Sioux Center airport. My sister and I spent many hours of raking hay and baling with this on the farm just south of Hull, IA.”

It’s been in the family almost 50 years.”

The Kuipers grandson Cody Lubben also reached out to me with even more cool background info/history.

“I wanted a share a story about my grandpa and grandma’s 1971 G550 they are selling on a Zomer auction in NW Iowa in March 28. I was able to ask them a lot of questions and thought it was kind of neat and wanted to share it with you.”

“They both said that they thought it was around 1975 when they purchased it. It had pretty low hours being only 4 years old. They bought it off a farm sale by Sheldon, IA and think they paid $5,000 for it at the time. Grandpa remembers that it was a cold day and there wasn’t many people at the sale. His brother-in-law bought an Oliver just like it at the same sale. At this time they had a John Deere 50, 620 and B on their farm and were looking for another tractor to do tillage, grind corn, and haul manure. They also used it to spray their crops and bale hay.”

*"I remember helping them bale small squares with it running the baler 5-10 years ago as well! *
I asked grandma what her favorite memory with the tractor is and she said, “Driving 17 miles over to her sister’s place by Rock Valley, IA to help bale hay. Gradus (Grandpa )would drive and I sat on the fender, being an open station we always hoped it didn’t rain!”

“Grandpas favorite memory is when the local newspaper came out and captured a picture of him plowing with it and was posted in the newspaper!”

Farm Families Get Connected To Their Tractors…Through The Generations. Powerful Stuff.

In addition the Kuipers are also selling this super sharp 2005 JD 6420 2WD with only 1036 hours, 1 owner, on the March 28, 2024 consignment auction in Sioiux Center, IA.

JD6420-IA-Kuipers-Zomer

Here’s link to the March 28 Sioux Center, IA consignment auction: March 28, 2024 @9:00 A.M.-Live & Online Consignment Auction To Be Held At The Former Sioux Center, IA Airport!-CONSIGNMENT LOT IS FULL. IF YOU CALLED AHEAD WITH A CONSIGNMENT IT WILL STILL BE ACCEPTED. WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY NEW CONSIGNMENTS! - Zomer Company

Machinery Pete predicts will be couple very happy buyers on these 2 beautiful tractors.

Pete
Machinery Pete