Like New 1980 Massey Ferguson 2775 Tractor

Never know what will show up in my email inbox each day. Kind of like "surprises" in the old Cracker Jack boxes.

Remember?

Well this past Tuesday I got a really cool surprise...a note from Shawn Guetter, National Sales Mgr. for Artex Mfg. in Redwood Falls, MN (http://www.artexmfg.com). Here was Shawn's note:

"Pete, we bought this tractor last fall and decided not to use it for testing our machinery that we manufacture and would like to sell it. I have 12 more pics but the files are to big to send them all. Attached is a spec sheet of this tractor also. Have you seen anything like this or know what it might be worth? Thank You!

The tractor in question is a 1980 Massey Ferguson 2775 pictured below:

What a beauty!

Here's the Spec sheet Shawn forwarded on this 1980 Massey Ferguson 2775:

So this baby has a new 1980 crate motor. Don't see that every day. Shawn asked me what I thought it was worth. Very hard to find comparables on the high end with nearly 40 year old tractors like this, but I did mention I thought perhaps the best comparison I could offer was a 1979 model Massey Ferguson 2675 that, amazingly, had only 68 hours on it when it sold on a farm auction in Saskatchewan on July 21, 2016 for $26,423 (U.S). Here are a couple pics of it, another beauty!

pic4

pic5

If you are interested in the 1980 Massey Ferguson 2775 with new 1980 crate motor, or would like more information on it, call Bob at Artex Mfg. at 507-644-2893. Shawn with Artex Mfg. also mentioned interested parties can call the previous owner in Indiana, Randy Jones: 317-691-1884.

You may be wondering about "Artex Mfg.", well, they are a fantastic company right here in my home state of Minnesota, located in the southwest corner of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, in Redwood Falls, MN. Artex Mfg. makes Manure Spreaders. Heavy duty ones, built to work and last. Perhaps you've seen the Youtube video of one of their Manure Spreaders shredding a Geo Metro car? 

Awesome.

Here's that video:

I remember hearing about the one on Auction in Sask. Do you know what the story was on the one with 68 hours?