John Deere Collector Auction in Oregon

HERMISTON, Ore. — In the early 1980s, Tony Amstad bought a John Deere Model R diesel tractor, and his collection only grew from there.

“That was always kind of my favorite tractor,” Amstad said. “After I bought that one, I got the disease.”

Amstad has collected more than 100 John Deere and Caterpillar tractors — most of which he personally restored with the help of his nephew, Todd.

With his wife, DeAnn, Tony Amstad owns a 2,400-acre farm in Umatilla County, where they grow potatoes.

For the past two years, Amstad has been toying with the idea of parting with his tractors and "trying to get the courage to do it.”

On Aug. 21, the Amstads will auction their collection and a handful of classic automobiles.
The collection will also be available for online preview on Aug. 20. More information can be found about registration at www.bookerauction.com.
Pete this a good excuse for you to come to Oregon . I hope to meet you there. Ralph

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on the sale Ralph! Wish I could make it to Oregon for this sale…but I’ll be at event in Illinois that weekend.

Can you get me pics of Tony’s collection?

Thanks again for reaching out!

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com

Pete this is the link : https://www.wavebid.com/auction/24ddacfd-bf03-48d9-9128-58c6c08bdc9d

Looks like some nice pieces in this collection. Would love to have that JD 2520 PS. A rare tractor out here!
The little JD 435 will fetch some real money , as will most of these .
Sadly, none fit my budget or needs.
Ralph

1 Like

Pete: I did not cross the state to get to this sale and as expected all were well out of my budget.
The 2520 PS topped the sale at $27,500. This plus a 10% buyers fee comes to $30,250. Is this a record? The other 2520 was $10,000.
The other two I lusted after were a 4320 @ $17,000 and a 3020 @ $15,750. ( These two and the following all before the buyers premium)

The big iron in this sale was a 6030 @ $23 000. A 5020 came in @ $15,000, A 430 HC brought $15,000. The 435 raised $ 8,200.
Some surprises: a 330 @ $ 15,000, a model D @7,500, a JD M @ 4,500, a rather nice WF model B with fenders popped off @ only $900.
The catalog is @https://booker.nextlot.com/public/sales/94321/lots

Regards Ralph

2 Likes

Thanks for the great sale price report Ralph!!

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com

2 Likes