Where John Deere 4440 Tractors Sell For Most Money

Since the start of the new century, Jan. 1, 2000, I've seen over 1,300 John Deere 4440 tractors sold at auction.

Question: Where do they sell for the most $$ at auction?

Great question. Here's a visual to answer this question, a "heat map" look at where John Deere 4440 tractors have sold for $30,000 or more at auction over the past 18 years:

Probably not super surprising that we'd find the highest cluster of highest selling John Deere 4440 tractors in the Upper Midwest, but still insightful to see this visual I think. Obviously the darker red color shows the highest concentration of matches.

Two other takeaways from this visual for me:

1. Upper Midwest has had highest concentration of nicest, lowest hour John Deere 4440 tractors over the past 2 decades.

2. Upper Midwest buyers historically place greater emphasis on acquiring 4440's in nicest condition with lowest hours. Remember, this "heat map" of auction sale prices $30K and up on John Deere 4440 tractors goes back over 18 years, to 1/1/00, so way before online auction bidding was a legitimate thing, so much higher % of buyers back then were much more local vs. today when we see buyers from all over North America on super nice condition low hour tractors.

Here's a look at the last (20) John Deere 4440 tractors I've seen sold for $30,000 or more at auction:

Last (20) John Deere 4440 Tractors Sold $30,000-plus at Auction

* Data by http://www.MachineryPete.com