Restored 1937 John Deere A Benefit Raffle for 34 Year Old Missouri Woman with Rare Cancer

Love and family.

When folks ask me what I've learned in my 28 plus years tracking used farm equipment values and building our Machinery Pete business, if I had to drill it down, that's what I keep coming back to, all the great folks I've met along the way, all the fun discussions, about tractors, about prices, about farming, about business, about life...

It's all about love and family.

Well folks, one special Missouri family needs our help right now. Justin Lewis is the Store Mgr. at Ag-Power, Inc. (http://www.ag-power.com), a John Deere dealership in Marshall, MO. Justin sent me this text:

"My wife Laura was diagnosed back in October with stage 4 Neuroblastoma cancer," said Lewis. "It's an extremely rare childhood cancer (only a few hundred kids a year are diagnosed). It's even more rare in adults, less than 30 a year are diagnosed. We're currently in experimental chemo at Mayo doing everything possible to give her as much time as we can."

"She's 34 years old and loves our little 3 year old girl Kaitlyn more than anything in the world."

"My brother (Chris Lewis) was gracious enough to pull a 1937 John Deere A out of his collection and restored it with many parts donations from friends and companies in the Ag industry. We're selling raffle tickets to help raise money to cover medical bills, travel expense, etc. Again if you're willing to share, that would be fantastic! Have a good day."

Some pics of Chris Lewis's beautifully restored 1937 John Deere A tractor below. Raffle tickets can be purchased for $20 each. The winner of the restored 1937 John Deere A will be announced via Facebook Live on March 15, 2018. 

Again, you can purchase raffle tickets for $20 apiece with the winner being announced on Facebook Live March 15th. Please make checks payable to Chris Lewis and mail to: Laura Lewis Benefit c/o Chris Lewis, PO Box 85, Mendon, MO 64660.

Love and family.

"For it is in giving that we receive." - Francis of Assisi. I think Francis was right. This journey of life we're all on...amazing, beautiful, difficult, lonely, joyful, challenging, wonderful. When we are able to pull the focus off ourselves and our own troubles and really see our brothers, our neighbors, we saw our opportunities to use the special gifts God gives each one of us in ways to help those in need.

In my 28 plus year journey I've seen the true heart of rural America...it is a giving heart, a loving heart, a caring heart. Folks, the Lewis family in Missouri needs our help right now. Send your prayers. Purchase some raffle tickets. 

It's all about Love and Family.

http://www.machinerypete.com