10 Years of Machinery Pete Youtube Videos

Can’t believe it’s been 10 years now.

10 years ago this past week to be exact…since I started our Machinery Pete Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/machinerypete

The very 1st video I posted was on July 31, 2009. Shot from my old home office here in Rochester, MN. I featured a very nice John Deere 9510 combine that was coming up for sale on a farm auction in west-central Minnesota by Henslin Auctions, Inc. that week. Here is that very 1st Machinery Pete Youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1je2HQLuJU

Later that week while I was in Alexandria, MN on vacation, I went down to the local Target store and bought myself a Flip Cam. Remember those?

FlipCam1

Now felt like I had my own TV channel. In essence…I did. Here’s the 1st Youtube video I posted using the new Flip Cam (cost me $99 + tax), my commentary on how the John Deere 9510 combine sold on the August 4, 2009 farm auction in west-central Minnesota: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKnYe2fGu0&t=1s

Oh to be young again…

A huge heartfelt THANK YOU!! to everyone out there who has watched the now nearly 1,500 Machinery Pete Youtube videos I’ve posted the past 10 years. Been so much fun. I had a very strong (compelling) feeling in my gut back then, 10 years ago, that there was a HUNGER in farm country for more content focused on farm machinery, everything about farm machinery. It’s been a true honor to crank out there videos for you. As I travel the country now the number of folks who come up and talk about certain videos…beyond humbling.

Again, Thank You for watching :slight_smile:

I need to thank our oldest daughter Meghan, who I often refer to as “Daughter No. 1” (we have 2 wonderful daughters). Meghan had graduated High School the summer of 2009 and was about to head off to college (Gustavus Adolphus College - www.gustavus.edu ). I asked if she could teach me how to edit video. Remember now, this was 10 years ago, 2009, iPhones and all the latest fancy video technology stuff was years away. Understand also that this was a not so small task for Daughter No. 1 as her father, me, is about the MOST STUBBORN guy you’d ever want to meet.

Thankfully Meghan said yes, she’d help her dad.

“Dad, just sit down for 5 minutes and I’ll teach you.”

She did. Old dogs like me CAN learn new tricks. Thank you honey :slight_smile: Last week I visited Daughter No. 1 out in central Pennsylvania where she lives with her husband. Here’s a pic of MP and Daughter No. 1.

Note: The “Queen” t shirt I’m wearing…we went to a Queen concert in Pittsburgh, PA last Wednesday. Awesome! Queen always been Daughter No. 1’s favorite band

Amazing for me to look at our Machinery Pete Youtube video channel stats now, 10 years down the road:

STATS ON MACHINERY PETE YOUTUBE VIDEOS

• 18.9 Million Views

• 68.8 Million Minutes Watched

• 30K Subscribers

Again, Thank You for watching!

Here’s a fun look at the Top Machinery Pete Videos from the past 10 years…see your favorite video in the list?

Most Watched Machinery Pete Youtube Videos

1. 1992 JD 4960 with 14 Hours - Sat Outside for 20 Years: 1.5M Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuX2nV0gSOU

1. Machinery Pete: Low Hour John Deere Tractor Collection in NY: 805K Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3xwbFl03Iw&t=97s

1. Amazing IHC Tractor Collection of Jerry Kuster of Galva, IL: 500K Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCq2gJtjGk&t=184s

1. Tom Renner John Deere Tractor and Farm Equipment Collection: 365K Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rl8PVcQCi8&t=1s"

1. 1957 Custom Built Tractor & Forage Chopper in Iowa: 349K Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLS3ecNVfLE&t=32s

1. IHC 7488 (1 of Only 2 Made) with 2517 Original Hours Sold Yesterday on Manitoba Auction: 274K Views: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3sktCKS5c&t=4s

The Machinery Pete Youtube video with the MOST MINUTES WATCHED is…“Amazing IHC Tractor Collection of Jerry Kuster of Galva, IL” with 6.9 Million minutes watched. Wow.

What a fun 10 years its been. Can’t wait for the next 10! Of course we’ve added more Machinery Pete content over the years, now filming Season 7 of Machinery Pete TV show: www.MachineryPete.com/mptv and we’ll be launching our new Machinery Pete Podcast this week in fact.

Stay tuned…

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com

2 Likes