Auction Wednesday in Annawan, IL for Auction-Dealer Legend Mike Nordstrom

I’m guessing when ag folks all over the country hear “Annawan, IL”…first thing they think of is

AUCTION.

Hatzer and Nordstrom Consignment Auction to be specific.

Well there will be an online auction this Wednesday, November 23, 2022, in Annawan, IL, the estate auction for Michael “Mike” Nordstrom who passed away May 18, 2022 at the age of 72 after a short bout with cancer.

The sale Wednesday is by my good friends at Sullivan Auctioneers and will feature 40+ Allis Chalmers Tractors and ton of other great Allis Chalmers equipment and memorabilia as well as modern farm equipment. The Allis Chalmers connection of course because Mike Nordstrom and John Hatzer started their Hatzer and Nordstrom Equipment Company, an Allis Chalmers dealership, in Annawan, IL in 1979. Here is a link to the auction with online bidding: https://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/nordstrom-11-23-22/

A few of MIke’s Allis Chalmers tractors on the auction Wednesday really jump out at you…

1966 Allis Chalmers D21 Series II with 3467 hours

Allis Chalmers One-Ninety XT gas, showing 1626 hours

Allis Chalmers 200 diesel, showing 2269 hours

1947 Ford F6 truck, showing 53,475 miles, Hatzer & Nordstrom name on truck

Antique Horse Drawn Stagecoach

25 Plows for sale on auction

Of course beyond any machinery on the auction Wednesday in Annawan, IL this event really is about remembering their good friend Mike Nordstrom, a true LEGEND in the farm equipment - farm auction biz. Twice a year, every March and August, little Annawan, IL, pop. 900, would draw in folks from all over North America to Hatzer and Nordstrom Consignment Auction. The twice/year sales began in 1979.

You young folks, those were pre internet, pre cell phone days. Come to the auction. Get in line and grab a bidding number. I caught up with Mike Nordstrom’s youngest son Matt Nordstrom this afternoon. Here’s an audio interview I recorded with Matt, talking about his memories of his father Mike, the Allis Chalmers dealership and the amazing twice/year Hatzer and Nordstrom Consignment Auction that brought the world to Annawan, IL:

Here again is link to the MIke Nordstrom estate auction this Wednesday, November 23, 2022, in Annawan, IL: https://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/nordstrom-11-23-22/

And from so many, from all over…Thank You Mike, for being You. And for creating something very special. Rest in peace friend.

Pete
Machinery Pete

1 Like

Thats some nice looking Allis tractors