3rd Lowest Auction Price Ever on JD 8295R Sold Saturday

I report the Highs.

And I report the Lows.

Saturday (September 14, 2019) on a farm liquidation auction in extreme southwest Alabama, just south of Mobile, AL, this JD 8295R tractor with 5,535 hours sold. Sale bill said it was a 2014 model?

It sold for $66,000.

LOWEST AUCTION PRICES EVER ON JD 8295R TRACTORS

Note how 3 of the 4 lowest ever auction prices on 8295R’s have come so far here in 2019. Also note that 4 of the 5 lowest auction prices on 8295R’s have come from far southern states of Alabama, Arizona and Texas. But it should also be noted that in reality the Avg. Auction Price on JD 8295R Tractors is actually HIGHER than it was 4 years ago, back in 2015. Here’s the proof:

AVG. AUCTION PRICE ON JD 8295R TRACTORS PAST 5 YEARS

If you find all this odd, consider a few truths. 4 years ago, back in 2015, values on large late model used equipment items were finishing their “bottom out” fall that began Spring of 2013 when the price of corn and beans dropped and dealers around North America were caught with SO much excess large late model used equipment units. That excess had to move. It did for the most part and not surprisingly “hard cash” values on that large late model used inventory fell hard.

Now 4 years down the road and JD 8295R tractor values are actually bit higher on a “hard cash” auction basis vs then. Interesting.

Truth No. 2…As I have been saying for so long now - IT’S ALL ABOUT CONDITION in the used farm equipment market here in 2019. If an item has higher hours, or isn’t in good to very good condition, well, then buyer demand backs off and values fall. Conversely if an item is in very good condition with below normal hours, then buyer demand in the used market is actually very strong, hence the litany of super strong auction sale prices I’ve been documented here throughout this very challenging year of 2019.

Interesting days indeed.

Here’s link to view (380) JD 8295R’s for sale today: https://www.machinerypete.com/tractors/175-hp/john-deere/8295r

Pete
Machinery Pete
www.MachineryPete.com

1 Like